Newly unsealed documents have revealed more about the days before the star had passed away, including his addiction to opioid. The iconic musician was found dead a year ago today in an elevator at his private estate, Paisley Park. The postmortal examinations confirmed that he died of painkiller overdose. The search warrants show that they searched Paisley Park within hours of Prince’s death and found dozens of prescription medications stored in various containers other than standard prescription bottles. The only pharmaceutical bottles they found were labeled in the name of Prince’s drummer, longtime friend and business associate, Kirk Johnson. The six people at the death scene included Andrew Kornfeld, who arrived in Minneapolis that day to assess Prince for a drug dependency program at the outpatient clinic, Recovery Without Walls, run by his father Dr. Howard Kornfeld. Prince traveled using a fake name to keep his privacy. In the week before his death, Prince’s private plane made an emergency stop in Illinois after he fell ill and passed out. The musician was revived on the tarmac by two shots of the overdose antidote naloxone (Narcan). There were reports the artist may have taken Percocet. He refused further medical attention. However, the exact details of the sad circumstances leading to Prince’s death a year ago are still unclear.