Teacher quits after writing student newspaper column saying gays deserved death

0
85

Californian teacher Michael Stack resigned after writing a newspaper column which urged to put gays to death. The letter, published on the newspaper website last Tuesday, responded to an issue which featured a same-sex kiss on the cover and included a coming out story. “They know God’s justice requires that those who do these things deserve to die, yet they do them anyway. Worse yet, they encourage others to do them too,” the teacher wrote. After the publication of the letter, school authorities initially insisted they would not discipline the teacher, telling the San Luis Obispo Tribune that he had been exercising his “First Amendment rights” in the letter. However, Stack failed to turn up to work the following day, and later sent a resignation letter quitting his job anyway, claiming that he loved his students and colleagues but he loves God more and for him the choice is obvious. In his letter, Stack wrote: “God shows His anger from heaven against all sinful, wicked people who suppress the truth by their wickedness… They [do] vile and shameful things with each other’s bodies. They traded the truth about God for a lie. They worshipped and served the things God created instead of the creator Himself, who is worthy of eternal praise! Amen. That is why God abandoned them to their shameful desires. Even the women turned against the natural way to have sex and instead indulged in sex with each other. And the men, instead of having normal sexual relations with women, burned with lust for each other. Men did shameful things with other men, and as a result of this sin, they suffered within themselves the penalty they deserved. Since they thought it foolish to acknowledge God, He abandoned them to their foolish thinking and let them do things that should never be done.