Grindr now belongs to Chinese tech giant

0
83

A Chinese tech company has bought the app which helped gay and bi men to find someone to go out with in every corner of the world. Beijing Kunlun Tech has completed its acquisition, after initially investing in the company back in January 2016. It originally bought 61.5% of the gay social-network for $93 million, and has now purchased the remaining 38.5% stake in Grindr LLC for $152 million. Beijing Kunlun, by billionaire Zhou Yahui which is known as one of the biggest providers of games and apps in China. Purchasing the app will improve the company’s position in the market, because the number of users is counted by millions. China has restrictive laws on media, political information and ‘pornography’ which mean the app can be limited in parts of the country. Although China has Grindr users, many reportedly complain of access problems.

LEAVE A REPLY

Login with: 
Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here