The Wright Stuff host Matthew Wright denies quitting because of trans scandal

0
139

The TV host has helmed the Channel 5 show for 18 years, but announced last week that he is leaving to focus on new projects. The Daily Mail had claimed that the clash had come after a live on-air spat between transgender columnist Paris Lees and The Chase star Anne Hegarty on March 15. In a debate about the gender pay gap, Lees had claimed there was an “old boy’s club at the top” of politics – before Hegarty said that Lees must have known it bexcausee she ‘used to be a boy’. But the host himself denies it. Wright has maintained a silence on Twitter since the story broke but his spokesman told Express that these two situations should not be connected and speculated on. In the official statement announcing his departure Wright had said: “After almost 18 glorious years on Channel 5 and the show flying high in the ratings, I feel it’s time to move and try my hand at something new.” The channel stated that the show is to continue under the new name.

LEAVE A REPLY

Login with: 
Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here